Wednesday, 6 April 2011

The Wish-List

Today is my birthday. I am 17 and here lies an extremely condensed wish-list. Is anyone feeling generous?


1. First of all Prada's new three-toned brogues are a must-buy. They may be unfeasibly chunky but it adds to their appeal and in a vibrant colour palette of yellow, brown and blue, they are set to set streets on fire with their humor and class. Buy these and you won't regret it. Wear these and S/S will be a season to remember. Miuccia you are a genius.


 2. To those of you who have read my blog before, you will be well aware of the fact that I have a blatant desire to own a pair of leather trousers but due to the realities of teenage life, I cannot afford any. Thus, I have found the perfect pair in the hope that one day soon I shall, and despite heavy competition from Burberry, it would seem that Balmain owns the trousers of my fashion-filled dreams. Many thanks to Christophe Decarnin, who we salute as he shockingly leaves the brand after 4 years of both brilliant and beautiful design.


3. Now as for the casual summer look, it lies on the catwalk of Dolce & Gabbana, who always manage to combine relaxation with elegance to create the perfect high-fashion mixture. From the holdall to those thigh-skimming shorts, Domenico and Stefano have designed the perfect go-to summer outfit - not to mention used an undeniably sexy model as well - Phwoar!


4. Colour, now having scoured each and every SS collection, it would seem that Moschino and Jil Sander are the brands truly embracing the colour trend this season and this outfit would be a much-needed splash of colour in my fairly neutral wardrobe. From the petrol blue coat, to the skinny red trousers, the look is fun and youthful without ever feeling too try hard, and looking at the AW 2011-12 collection, it looks like Rosella Jardini has no intentions to end her colour-filled collections - we're not complaining.


5. Inevitably, it was always going to end with this - the Burberry studded biker. It had to make an appearance because it is so edgy that it could give any clothing the sought-after moth eaten look with its super stylish studs. It is an emblem of coolness. Burberry is an emblem of coolness. It is the 'beat[ing]' heart of British fashion and if I can own an item from one collection this season, it would be this because, whilst I adore the collections of French and Italian brands alike - I shall always be a British boy at heart, aged 17 or not.

4 comments:

  1. Love this. So stylish! Beyond glad I discovered your blog. I'm absolutely in love with this. I'd really be glad if you visit mine too. Check it out for updates every day about the latest fashion news, trends and street style. Would love your support. Kisses from Brazil xoxo

    PS: If you follow me, I'll follow you back.
    http://www.dailycatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry I haven't really kept in touch. But your blog is amazing. I love how passionate you are about fashion and how your able to relate it to everyday life. Keep up the work and I hope one day you have a job in this field because you have a talent for it.

    Pauline xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it is pauline mulenga. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too lust after those Prada brogues

    ReplyDelete